This is where I go out on a limb and ponder a while.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day Thirteen: Friends

I am thankful for friends.  Where would we be without friends?  I am thankful for the many different kinds of friends I have.  There are my blogger friends that I am just getting to know recently.  You are so interesting and charming and kind with your comments!  I love all of your blogs and getting to know you - your lives are so different and yet in some ways pretty much the same, no matter how far away you are.  Then there are my 'social' friends, the people I've gotten to know through my husband's job, my daughter's school friends, church, etc.  They are fun, casual friendships.  And then there are the dear, close, life-long friendships that are made when we were children and have been maintained for decades.  We have kept secrets for each other, we know everything about each other's past and we can often finish each other's sentences!  All friendships are to be treasured and nurtured, I believe, because you never know where they will take you.  A casual friendship can end up being the lifeline that keeps you afloat during a crisis.  Or perhaps it will be you that will be the savior in someones life at some point.  I don't think it is ever an accident when two people cross paths.
.

My best friend since the 5th grade, Paula.  This is our last photo taken together before she died from breast cancer.  Nothing can take the place of all those years of memories together.  She taught me how to laugh at myself and not take myself so seriously!

It's going to be a great week, I just know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment