This is where I go out on a limb and ponder a while.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day Ten: My Home

I missed a day!  So today I wasn't sure, should I call today day 10, since it's day 10, or call it day 9, since it's the 9th day I have posted?  In the interest of sticking with the calendar, I am calling it day 10, since I am just that kinda gal.

Yesterday was just a crazy day.  I had to take a stray cat to the vet for shots.  Fortunately, he seems to be already neutered, so I didn't have to pay for that.  He is a very affectionate, young, gray striped tabby.  Hopefully I will be able to find him a home, otherwise he is going to have to be an outside cat.  With my husband's allergies, it's already pushing it having the Curmudgeon Cat inside the house.  Speaking of which, I had to take him in to the vet, too, and have Dr. Laura give him his dose of worm meds  because he will NOT take his medicine in any way, shape, or form.  We've wasted so many pills, crushing them and mixing them into all sorts of lovely dishes of chicken, cheese, eggs, milk - you name it, and he turns his nose up at it.  At $7.50 per pill, I grew tired of that exercise.  And as for shoving a pill down his throat?  Not happening!  So I let her do the deed, and of course, she just grabbed his head and popped that baby right down his throat before he even knew what hit him!  Then he just looked around in surprise, as if to say "What just happened?"

Once I got home and got all good kitties settled in, I made a batch of applesauce from my last picking of apples.  Mmmm, the smell of warm applesauce in the kitchen is heaven!  And my Kindle came in the mail - yay!  It was my anniversary gift from my sweetheart.  Oh, I have been asking for one for Christmas for two years!  So, of course, I was a teeny bit distracted with that for the rest of the afternoon ;)

Anyway...Today I am thankful for my home, be it ever so humble.  And it is a humble home, nothing fancy.  It's very comfortable, though, with a big kitchen, which is good, because I cook a lot, and my family comes here often for big family get-togethers.  I don't decorate like a lot of people do on these blogs, although I think it would be so much fun to do so.  I love to see how people decorate, but I really don't have room for craft items or to display vignettes anywhere.  The things we have in our house are items we have inherited and most of them are purely functional.  They are lamps, wall hangings, framed photos, quilts, etc. and they all have a story, which is kind of nice.  I love a lot of texture, so I have leather, wood and organic fabrics.  And lots of big windows to see outdoors!  We live out in the country, so I see a lot of wildlife.


This lovely doe has been hanging out in my yard for a couple of weeks.



                In this photo, I am talking to her from the open kitchen window.  She is very curious about me!

Sometimes I wish for everything new, like this morning when my dishwasher decided to leak all over the kitchen floor :(  But who doesn't have days like that?  There is no perfect situation, so I just try to keep looking for the positive!

A few flakes of snow this morning at the bus stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment