This is where I go out on a limb and ponder a while.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day Eight: Educators

I am thankful for the people who teach.  The majority of the teachers I have come in contact with really care about their students and want to see them succeed.  They go beyond the boundaries of their job description and most people have no idea how much work they do.  It is not just showing up in the classroom from 8 to 3 every day.  They have to lesson plan, shop for classroom supplies, correct papers, and if they are in lower grades, they often spend hours doing cut-outs and such for art projects that little ones will need help with.  They are often the ones in our community who also teach Sunday School and Cub Scouts.  I don't know how they find the time to do all they do and have a family too.

I am one of the parents who have had to made a few extra demands on a teacher, and they have been more than accommodating.  I have had to ask for meetings outside of the regular conferences when there was a concern and I have requested permission to observe in a classroom.  With only one exception, the teachers were eager to do whatever was needed to help my children.  I know a few of my blogger friends are teachers and I just want to say - thank you!


Talking about teachers made me think about apples...


                    We picked our last apples from the trees last weekend.


It kind of made me sad to see the end of the apple season.


I hope next year we have as many apples as we did this year!  They were delicious!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment