This is where I go out on a limb and ponder a while.

Monday, September 15, 2014

Breaking the Chain

So my friend Connie at Crafty Home Cottage was kind enough to invite me to participate in a blog hop.  Because I really like Connie and her blog, I immediately said yes!  I needed to prepare a bio along with a photo for her by the following Monday.  Easy peasy.  I know, I'm pretty vague about these things when it comes to blogging.  I am flattered when people read what I write, of course, who wouldn't be!  I blog because if I don't write, the words inside my head roll around and around and pretty soon I can't hear what people are saying to me because there are too many words crowding inside my head.  I also use my blog as a journal/scrapbook of sorts.  I just looked back at pictures of my Littles the other day and it was amazing to see how much they have grown.  But I guess I just don't pay attention to things like Blog Hops, and Something Monday, or Something Else Thursday, or What Have You because I was clueless as to what they meant and didn't have the time to figure it out.

Now I thought I was finished at that point, go ahead and laugh :)  I found out from Connie the end of this past week that it was also my responsibility to find three people from my list of followers to share their bio on my blog so that I could introduce them in the blog hop for this upcoming week.  Ok, I could do that, and it was my intention to accomplish that some time between Friday and Sunday, but - no such luck.  We had some major storm damage up at the ranch.  Some downed trees and part of the fence blew over in the paddock.  And there is no internet up there.  Not much I could do about that.  It reminds me of when I used to get chain letters and did not pass them on.  So I guess I broke the chain again...

Is there a time out for breaking the blog hop chain???

Here's this week's favorite photo:

Foggy morning on the lake yesterday and I got lucky with this photo :)

Marie

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sweet Marie, that photo is amazing . . . don't you just love it when a great photo opportunity arises and you have your camera handy.
    As for the Blog Hop . . . the only reason that I did it was because I wanted to help the gal that asked me. So, I totally understand. Remember I had so much trouble finding anyone to help me that I started begging for volunteers, that's when you came to my rescue. I will probably never do another . . .I never liked chain letters and you are right, that is exactly what it felt like. I'm proud of you for having the nerve to stop the madness . . . Bravo! It's like, if your friends jump off a bridge are you going to follow ... H--- No! You are a great example, and I failed terribly, except that it helped me you know you better and I am richer for that. You're a strong woman and I am proud to call you a friend and blogging sister.
    Love your blog and I just want to say, keep that camera handy all the time . . . you have a great eye for photography:)
    Connie

    ReplyDelete