This is where I go out on a limb and ponder a while.

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Autumn Blessings

"Autumn, the year's last, loveliest smile".
-William Cullen Bryant


Fall truly is the loveliest time of year, hands down.  I always get sentimental this time of year.  I also get excited, because there are so many changes coming.  Lots of exciting events to look forward to.  My favorite holidays, harvest time, several family birthdays, hunting season, and of course, the fall colors.  But that last event comes and goes way too fast.  I guess that's why so many people take endless photos of the trees in their various stages of dress.  But I never tire of it.  My husband and I attended a conference in Duluth this past weekend and the colors were at peak.  We are both past the half-century mark in age, and yet, we were both in awe of the vistas as we came up over 'the hill' on our way home.  It never gets old.

We have another reason for excitement this fall - two more grandbabies.  One came just before conference.  We just couldn't wait to meet him, so squeezed in two-day trip to Iowa before Duluth.  It was so worth it.  We spent a day spoiling the two other grandchildren so that my son and daughter-in-law could have a day with the new baby.  We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and totally wore out the kids (ourselves too!).

Meet Owen.  Love the name.  

Big brother and sister.  They are so cute - they love their little brother!

Yeah, I'm a proud Nana! :)


The next baby comes in November, just before Thanksgiving.  That will be grandchild number 8.

Spending the rest of my week cooking apples!  I think I'll make apple butter and make apple pie filling to go into the freezer.  The ranch is listed for sale, but no buyers yet, so we have the good fortune to be able to harvest apples from the orchard one more year.


Much to be thankful for in my corner of the world!

Marie



No comments:

Post a Comment