This is where I go out on a limb and ponder a while.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Beauty Everywhere

I went up to the ranch last weekend with my camera, hoping to find some signs of spring.  But it's about 30 miles north of here, and just far enough that not much is happening yet.  No flowers, no bees, very few buds on the apple trees and lilac bushes.  That doesn't mean there is nothing to admire, though.  If you look for it, you will see beauty.


I like the contrast of the red maple buds against green the moss on this huge rock.  We pass by this rock on our walk through the woods.


These two always get impatient with us old folks and have to run ahead.  I love to watch them run and take countless photos of them galloping through the woods and fields like wild animals.


When we step out of the woods, this is the view of the house and the barns.  It's nothing fancy, but we love the spaciousness of it.  There's so much sky!  It's beautiful in every season.  A picture doesn't do it justice...


Old Buddy says, "You guys go on ahead, I'll just lie here in the water hole and rest a bit."  He's 13 years old.



We don't know what these are called, just that they have a little worm inside.  I always like the way they look.  Does anyone know what they're called?


And, of course, there's plenty of these around.  Everyone likes ladybugs, right?  Except when they get inside :)

Maybe next time I visit the ranch there will be some blossoms on the apple trees.  I'm kind of glad there weren't any yet the last time I was there.  People south of us lost a lot of apples due to frost because their trees blossomed early :(

Have a great day!
Marie

2 comments:

  1. I love all of these, Marie. It looks like a wonderful place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely walk -- looking forward to seeing your ranch in about a month. :)

    ReplyDelete