This is where I go out on a limb and ponder a while.

Friday, December 3, 2010

Snow Appreciation


I'm learning to appreciate snow.  We tend to look out the window on snowy mornings and groan.  We're thinking about driving on slick roads, shoveling, the need for hats, mittens, and boots - such a hassle!  But my youngest looks out the window and lets out a gasp, "More snow!".  She is thrilled at the prospect of a new cover on the white landscape.  It means a softer landing when she throws herself onto the ground and rolls around.  It provides a fresh palette for new animal tracks.  And, depending on the temperature, it can mean a fresh batch of sculpturing medium for her beautiful 'lawn ornaments'.  She does not limit herself to snowmen.  She has the artistic freedom and limitless creativity of the very young.  I'm trying to tap into my own youthful creativity these days, so when she looks outside and says, "Look Mom, isn't it beautiful!" I take a second look through her eyes and tell her indeed it is beautiful.  When I say it out loud, it truly does look more magical to me.  Seeing the world through the eyes of a child - I have to remind myself to do that more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment