This is where I go out on a limb and ponder a while.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Festive!

I couldn't wait to get out on the deck today!

I wiped the winter's worth of dirt off the patio furniture and leaned back in a newly-cleaned chair and just let the sun caress my face for a while.  Oliver meowed at me and jumped up onto my chair and slid into the space between my lower back and the back of my chair for a little catnap.  The chorus of birds seemed to get louder and louder, but I know it was just that I was finally sitting quietly enough to really listen for a change.  It was only a matter of time before E. came home from school, my husband came home from work and the boys returned from fishing down by the river.

Later, after everyone had returned home, I turned to my husband and said, "Funny how a little sun makes a person feel so festive!"


"I like that word, festive", said my husband, as we shared a glass of wine on the deck after work.

I knew just what he meant.  It is a word that makes you feel like sitting up a little straighter, doesn't it?

Just one day of near-60-degree weather and we're all a bit giddy around here :)


Yay, Spring!  Ok, see the mud splatters on the face and the shirt?  Yeah, she's not a girly girl.  She's been riding her bike in the mud :)


My better half makin' sweet music on the deck at sunset.  He's go-o-o-o-d! :)

It's going to be warm and sunny all week - see you on the deck! 


No comments:

Post a Comment