This is where I go out on a limb and ponder a while.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Big Birthday

So today is my birthday.  I wasn't sure how I would feel about turning 50, but I'm really ok with it.  I have often heard people say that they still feel inside like they're only 20 years old when they're really 60, 70, or 80, and I can believe it.  I still feel 20 years old on the inside, but I get a little creeped out when I look in the mirror, especially considering I have an 11-year-old daughter.  I still have the desires and passion, and for goodness sake, when will my mind ever stop buzzing?  For as far back as I can remember, my brain has had a need to consume every written word within sight.  And I don't seem to be able to stay with one subject - everything interests me, so I'm involved in a different subject every week.  Thank goodness for Kindle, because now instead of piles of books on every horizontal surface, I have 'collections' of books stashed in my Kindle, all of them in various stages of completion.

I have noticed that within the past few years I have lost some amount of physical energy, but have gained a large amount of mental energy, and now have a fierce passion for some of the subjects that I am involved in.  My husband and I had hoped to move to the ranch sometime within this next year and live our dream of raising grass-fed beef.   But it's not going to happen after all, unfortunately.  However, I can't totally give up on this whole organic living dream.  So I'm focusing on learning as much as I can about the political aspects of it, and maybe I can make a difference somehow.  One thing I know is how to write, so maybe I'll be one of those pain-in-the-neck letter-writers that are a thorn in the side of the policy makers.  All I know is I want to do something to make a difference.  So now you know why I haven't posted here in almost a month.  I've been reading volumes of STUFF about GMO's and changing the labeling on our foods, and antibiotics in animal feed, etc.  There's a lot out there.  And it all started with one video I saw about a year ago.

https://www.facebook.com/Foodinc

Watch it.  Your life will never be the same.


This is what I REALLY want for my birthday.
But it's not gonna happen.  
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Corgis!

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you a Happy Happy Birthday!!
    hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, there you are! I thought maybe you decided to quit blogging, but I'm glad you are still at it! I would miss you.

    Happy Birthday, Marie. My 52nd is coming up soon. How time flies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and thank you for the birthday card! It was so cute. Very thoughtful of you. :)

    ReplyDelete